- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The Master of One Pre-Order Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Jordan Raynor & Company. Promotion is only offered in the United States and the District of Columbia (the “Promotion Area“). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
- Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Jordan Raynor & Company shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all its decisions are final. By participating, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
- Promotion begins on December 2, 2019. Entry deadline is January 27, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (“ET”). Drawing to determine potential winner will be held on January 31, 2020. Jordan Raynor & Company’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion. For Promotion information and announcements, visit http://jordanraynor.com (the “Promotion Page”).
- Tax Documents: Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 MISC tax form (or its equivalent) for the ARV of the prize awarded if required and is solely and exclusively responsible for all state, federal or local income taxes that may result from his or her acceptance of prize.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old, above the age of majority in his or her state of residence, and a legal United States resident living in the Promotion Area (above).
- Note: Prize does not include transportation to or from Hawaii or Alaska. If potential winner (or his/her guest) resides in Hawaii or Alaska, winner will be exclusively responsible for arranging, at his or her sole expense, transportation to the closest major international airport in the contiguous United States.
- Employees of Jordan Raynor & Company, any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of the Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings, and children) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all individuals living in a single residence, whether or not related.
PRIZE & ODDS
- Grand Prize (1): Roundtrip airfare (economy class) for winner and one (1) guest from major commercial international airport within forty-eight (48) contiguous United States nearest winner’s home to Barcelona, Spain, a seven (7) night Western Mediterranean Cruise for winner and one (1) guest on Royal Caribbean International cruise line, a total of one (1) night’s hotel accommodations for winner and guest (single standard room or equivalent/double occupancy/room and tax only) in Barcelona, admission for two (2) on tour of La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, and dinner for two (2) in Barcelona with Jordan Raynor, if his schedule permits. All prize elements must be completed no later than December 31, 2020. Note: No transportation will be provided to or from Hawaii or Alaska. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4500.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- The opportunity to meet Jordan Raynor has no cash value and is subject to the sole discretion of Jordan and/or his agent. If this prize element is unavailable or cannot be or is not fulfilled for any reason, winner will not be entitled to any substitution, remuneration or alternate prize element.
- Actual value of prize may vary, depending on date selected, departure city and/or seasonal or industry fluctuations. If the actual value of prize awarded is less than the ARV stated above, winner will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for difference in value.
- Cruise, hotel, or other lodging accommodations and travel dates are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations, are subject to change without notice, and may not be combined with any other offer. Winner may be required to coordinate travel with specified travel agent and to make reservations at least forty-five (45) days prior to scheduled departure date. Blackout dates may apply.
- Prize trip travel and seat selection are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. Travel may be capacity controlled and seats may not be available on all flights or in all markets. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. Prize ticket travel may not accrue frequent flyer points. Stopovers/Upgrades/Wait-listing/Open Returns may not be permitted for tickets booked with prize certificate. Prize tickets are non-transferable, are not redeemable for cash and are void if sold or bartered. The sale or barter of tickets obtained through redemption of prize certificates or vouchers is also prohibited. Any tickets obtained through such sale or barter are void and will not be honored for travel.
- Guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old unless winner is parent or legal guardian and may be required (or his/her parent or legal guardian may be required) to sign liability waiver and/or publicity release prior to receipt of prize tickets and travel documents and/or confirmation of reservations. Winner and his or her guest must travel on same itinerary and use cruise, hotel accommodations, and tickets or passes together.
- Prize does not include any transportation to or from Hawaii or Alaska. If applicable, winner and/or guest are exclusively responsible, at their sole expense, for any such transportation arrangements between Hawaii or Alaska and departure airport within contiguous United States.
- Winner and his or her guest are solely responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any picture identification, valid U.S. passport, visa, immunization, where applicable, or other requirements associated with travel as well as any travel insurance or any other form of insurance desired and to be in possession of all necessary travel documents at the time and point of departure. Carrier may deny boarding to any passengers without proper documentation. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any air or ground transportation.
- All travel and hotel or resort accommodations are valid only during the date period set forth above in the prize description or on any tickets or passes. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by any selected transportation carrier as detailed in the relevant passenger ticket contract.
- All museum, exhibit and/or similar tickets and passes are valid only during the date period set forth above in the prize description or on the tickets or passes. Use of tickets or passes is subject to all relevant venue rules, regulations, policies and restrictions. Jordan Raynor & Company will not be responsible for weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, labor or other strike or work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside its control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any exhibit or event or closure of any relevant venue or any other inability to use prize tickets or passes in whole or in part and the terms and conditions on, or applicable to, the tickets or passes will govern in such event. Jordan Raynor & Company will not replace any lost, stolen or damaged prize tickets, passes, vouchers or similar items once they are in possession of winner or guest.
- Winner and guest agree to comply with all relevant venue regulations and policies in connection with the prize or any prize component and acknowledge that relevant venue may remove or deny entry to any person, including winner or guest, who engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other venue visitor, guest, employee or other person, or in any other way that violates any venue policies.
- All prize details shall be at Jordan Raynor & Company’s sole discretion. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, fees, tips, gratuities, parking, concessions, souvenirs, merchandise, additional transportation (including to or from non-contiguous United States if applicable), travel or lodging, food, beverages, snacks, resort services, room service, laundry service, spa treatments, local and long distance telephone calls, Internet access, personal items, transfers, airline or airport fees, security fees, baggage charges, passport expenses, passenger tariffs or duties, trip or travel insurance, service or facility charges, excursions, sightseeing, and upgrades. Cruise line, hotel, or resort may require valid major credit card or cash deposit for incidentals. Any person who wins prizes through any Jordan Raynor & Company-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 Form.
- Prize is not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. The right to receive prize is not transferrable. Prize or any portion thereof not used or accepted by winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted, unless required by law. Prize may not be substituted except that Jordan Raynor & Company in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- Prize offered is provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Jordan Raynor & Company. Jordan Raynor & Company has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize. Other restrictions apply.
- Entries will be accepted beginning December 2, 2019 at 7:00 AM ET and ending January 27, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET. There are three (3) ways to enter:
- Pre-Order: To enter by pre-order, first, visit the Promotion Page at http://jordanraynor.com to pre-order the book “Master of One” by Jordan Raynor. Next, follow the instructions to complete and submit an entry form with all required information, which may include your name, e-mail address, daytime telephone number, and age or date of birth, together with the number of copies you pre-ordered, to receive up-to five (5) entries; or
- Brick-and-Mortar Book Purchase: To enter by purchase, first, pick up your copy of “Master of One” by Jordan Raynor (available in bookstores after January 21, 2020). Next, snap a photo of your receipt. Finally, visit the Promotion Page at http://jordanraynor.com and follow the instructions to complete and submit an entry form with all required information, which may include your name, e-mail address, daytime telephone number, and age or date of birth, together with the photo of your book receipt, to receive up-to five (5) entries;
- U.S. Mail: No purchase or referral necessary: To enter without a pre-order or brick-and-mortar book purchase, type your name, e-mail address, phone number, and the statement “I am at least 18 years old and a legal resident of the United States” on an 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper, then sign it and mail it to “Master of One Pre-Order Sweepstakes” c/o Jordan Raynor & Company, PO Box 772, St Joseph, MI 49085, postmarked by January 27, 2020, for receipt no later than January 30, 2020 to receive one (1) entry. Limit one (1) mail-in entry per outer mail envelope.
- These are the only methods of entry. Entries will not be accepted via any other method.
- IMPORTANT: DATA RATES MAY APPLY TO USE OF MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE Promotion.
- All entries must be submitted no later than January 27, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET. Mail-in entries must be received by Jordan Raynor & Company no later than January 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by Jordan Raynor & Company. Jordan Raynor & Company will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
- Regardless of method, limit five (5) entries per person or e-mail address. Additional entries received from any such person or e-mail address thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, mechanical, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, or the submission of false contact information under multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, accounts or logins) or any other devices or artifices to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries are prohibited and suspected or detected entry method violations may void some or all entries submitted by that entrant, in Jordan Raynor & Company’s sole discretion. No group submissions will be accepted.
- Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. Jordan Raynor & Company is not responsible for active email filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the corresponding domain. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the potential winner agrees to furnish requested documentation confirming his/her status as the Authorized Account Holder.
- Entrants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by Jordan Raynor & Company. Jordan Raynor & Company is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. Jordan Raynor & Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of Jordan Raynor & Company and will not be returned or acknowledged.
WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION
- On January 31, 2020, or within a reasonable time thereafter, Jordan Raynor & Company or its designee will randomly choose one (1) name from all timely entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility, the person whose name is so drawn will be declared the winner.
- Jordan Raynor & Company will contact potential winner using the information supplied by winner on his or her entry form. Winner must respond to Jordan Raynor & Company within seventy-two (72) hours of initial notification and may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents and to provide such documents to Jordan Raynor & Company within five (5) business days of initial notification and as a condition of receiving prize. Jordan Raynor & Company in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail. Winner will receive instructions on scheduling or booking prize travel or other arrangements. If prize is mailed or shipped, winner shall assume all risk of loss, damage, theft, late or missed delivery. If applicable, Jordan Raynor & Company, in its sole discretion, may permit a verified winner to authorize, in writing, another adult to pick up his or her prize; however, winner must agree to release and hold Jordan Raynor & Company harmless from all liability for any prize claimed by his or her authorized designee and winner’s designee will be required present photo ID.
- If potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, Jordan Raynor & Company within the time stated above, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Jordan Raynor & Company in its discretion may disqualify that individual and an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. Jordan Raynor & Company will conduct up to two (2) alternate winner drawings. If Jordan Raynor & Company cannot verify a winner after two (2) alternate winner drawings, no further drawings will be held and the prize will not be awarded.
- Jordan Raynor & Company may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winner’s name on the Promotion Page and/or any of Jordan Raynor & Company’s websites, including http://jordanraynor.com, and on or in any of Jordan Raynor & Company’s social media pages or channels.
- By accepting a prize, winner agrees to award Jordan Raynor & Company the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on Jordan Raynor & Company’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By entering the Promotion, you agree that Jordan Raynor & Company, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, Facebook, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by Jordan Raynor & Company by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or other participants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the selection or announcement of the winner or prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry materials; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winner because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winner, the prize or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Promotion OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Promotion OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Promotion.
- By entering the Promotion, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation or inability to participate, in the Promotion or any Promotion-related or prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Promotion; (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of prize; and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
- BY entering THE Promotion, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Promotion, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Promotion, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- Jordan Raynor & Company reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, or any part thereof, if Jordan Raynor & Company determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond Jordan Raynor & Company’s control. In such an event, Jordan Raynor & Company will post notice of same at the Promotion Page and select the winner at random from all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as Jordan Raynor & Company, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- Jordan Raynor & Company reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if Jordan Raynor & Company concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other any operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards Jordan Raynor & Company or any other entrant or other participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including by using any prohibited device or method. Any failure by Jordan Raynor & Company to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Promotion MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND Jordan Raynor & Company RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to the status of any person as a “winner” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If Jordan Raynor & Company determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, Jordan Raynor & Company reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Promotion and prize at any time. Jordan Raynor & Company reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if Jordan Raynor & Company determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on Jordan Raynor & Company. Each entrant agrees to cooperate with Jordan Raynor & Company and its representatives in connection with all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
- Jordan Raynor & Company reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Jordan Raynor & Company reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or other participants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Florida law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
- By entering the Promotion, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Hillsborough County, Florida, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners and the use or mention of any such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Promotion.
WINNER’S NAME/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winner’s Name, visit the Promotion Page or mail a SASE to: Master of One Pre-Order Sweepstakes c/o Jordan Raynor & Company, PO Box 772, St Joseph, MI 49085, specifying either “Winner’s Name” or “Official Rules.” Vermont and Washington residents may omit return postage. Winner’s Name will be available after February 28, 2020.