In the Church, we talk a lot about how God is loving, holy, and omnipotent, but we rarely if ever hear that God is creative. And yet that is the very first thing God reveals about himself in Scripture. In this inspiring talk, I open-up God’s Word to remind audiences that we Christians worship a God who creates and calls us to reflect His image by creating businesses, laws, art, medicine, schools, services, and other cultural goods for His glory and the good of others.
- A deeper appreciation of the creative character of the God of the Bible—the only religious text that begins with a God who works.
- An understanding of why God’s creative character should inspire us to create culture—not for our own fame and fortune—but for the glory of God and the good of others.
- A practical framework for working through the question of calling and where specifically God has called us to create.
Any Christian who works (or plans to work) outside of the four walls of the local church. This speech is perfect for Christian conferences, guest sermons, commencement addresses, chapel services, youth events, and prayer breakfasts.
- More than 1,000,000 Christians have turned to my devotionals, books, and speaking for help connecting their faith with their work.
- I am the author of the national bestseller Called to Create—one of the all-time bestselling books on faith and work.
- I have spent my entire career creating culture through the art of entrepreneurship. Today, in addition to my work as an author and speaker, I serve as Executive Chairman of the Board for Threshold 360—a venture-backed tech startup I formerly ran as CEO.