The vast majority of Christians work outside of the four-walls of the local church or a donor-supported ministry. And yet, tragically, almost none of these people see themselves as “full-time missionaries,” called to make disciples as they go about their lives and work. In this thought-provoking and inspiring talk, I help audiences understand how they can be obedient to the Great Commission without changing their vocation or location, drawing on Scripture and my own experience as someone who has “done ministry” in secular environments for more than a decade.
- An understanding of how Scripture debunks the “three myths of missions” that have convinced so many Christians that only pastors or donor-supported missionaries are the ones called to full-time ministry.
- A proper understanding of the Great Commission and what Jesus meant when he commanded us to “go” and make disciples.
- An inspiring conviction that every Christian is a full-time missionary, capable of obeying the Great Commission without changing our vocation or location.
The vast majority of Christians who don’t see themselves as “full-time missionaries.” This speech is perfect for guest sermons, your church’s missions week, commencement addresses, chapel services, youth events, Christian conferences, and prayer breakfasts.
- More than 1,000,000 Christians have turned to my devotionals, books, and speaking for help connecting their faith with their work.
- I am the author of the national bestseller Called to Create—one of the all-time bestselling books on faith and work.
- Like your audience, I have spent my entire career doing work that is not traditionally considered “full-time ministry.” This speech isn’t a sermon I haven’t personally lived out: I have seen first-hand how work can be the primary means by which we make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- In addition to my work as an author and speaker, I also serve as the Executive Chairman of the Board for Threshold 360—a venture-backed tech startup I formerly ran as CEO.