Your event attendees have something unique to say that will advance the cause of Christ, and many of them want to share that message in the form of a book. But unfortunately, most of these aspiring authors have been told they can’t get a book deal unless they come to the table with a massive platform of email addresses and social media followers. I am proof that that is simply not true. In this highly-practical talk, I show audiences how I secured multiple five-figure advance offers from name-brand publishers with absolutely no platform to my name and how—after getting the advance check—we were able to build the platform necessary to make that book a national bestseller.
- A conviction that you don’t need a platform in order to get a book deal.
- A look at the proposal that won me multiple five-figure advance offers from name-brand publishers, and exactly how I assuaged their concerns over my lack of platform.
- A copy of my book proposal, along with more than 25 insights about platform and other topics that I learned in the process of signing my first book deal.
Anyone who has ever wanted to publish a book with a name-brand publisher. This speech is perfect for conference breakout sessions, workshops, and keynotes.
- For my first traditionally published book, Called to Create, I was able to secure multiple five-figure advance offers from name-brand publishers with absolutely no platform to my name.
- Once the deal was signed, I was able to build a platform large enough to make Called to Create a national bestseller.
- Thanks to the success of that first book, I have been able to make a career out of writing and speaking.